Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Something a little different

In the last few weeks, I've seen a couple really good blogs hang up their proverbial hats. Others have mentioned blogging fatigue, and I can totally relate to this. I have the next post in my series on my journey from creationist to evolutionist about 50% completed, and have absolutely zero motivation to finish.

It is for this reason (and more that I'll mention below) that I'm going to take a little break. Not from blogging, but from telling the story that I've been writing about for so long.

Another reason for this little change is that this blog is about my faith. While coming to grips with evolution was a very significant aspect of my faith, that whole struggle is in the past. The present state of my faith is much more interesting (to me) and my desire to write about other things has increased significantly. So that's what I'll do!

One final reason for the change: Up to this point, my blog has been quite formal, with pretty complete thoughts that I have worked on for a significant amount of time before posting. This is not really the kind of blog that I want to write. From this point on, I'll be much less formal; some of my posts will be incomplete thoughts, quotes from things I read or hear, or simply a question that I am thinking about at the time.

I think I am going to enjoy the change, and I hope my three readers will too.

No comments: