Tuesday, December 27, 2011

For/Against Calvinism


I've recently started reading about Calvinism.  A friend of mine and I decided to read the two books,
Against Calvinism - By Roger E. Olson
For Calvinism - By Michael Horton


I've struggled with this topic before, but I can't say I've done anything other than casual reading on the subject.  And as I mentioned in my previous post, D.A. Carson (a very strong Reformed teacher) has been highly influential in my thought life.  But the points at which I've taken issue with his theology have frequently been related to the issues of God's sovereignty.

Ideally, the outcome of this study would be an actual decision... I don't think it's desirable or helpful or even possible to straddle the fence on this one.  I'm not sure if a decision will result, and even if one does, whether I'll discuss it on this blog.  I won't promise any sort of systematic review or notes, let alone any sort of timetable, but I'll definitely post some thoughts or quotes as I go.  I'll also welcome your comments.

2 comments:

Vengiletti said...

Glad to see you posting again and am looking forward to your thoughts on Calvinism.

Joe said...

Thanks, Vengiletti! Welcome!